Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hot, Hot, and Hot!

It is hot as all get out in DC today and we all know that folks with MS have problems in the heat. I have plans to go to an out door show tonight at 7 and I am hoping that I make it. I had to give myself that dang Avonex shot last night, so I am truly exhausted today and dragging along like a little old lady:-(. At any rate, I am fortunate to be alive and will make the most of my day indoors.

Now on to one of my biggest pet peeves. I hate it when someone calls you on the phone and you tell them that you are on the other line and they proceed to talk to you anyway! What on earth is that about? Folks, please don't do that to people. It is annoying and I will go ahead and hang up on you, because I don't care about your feelings...lol.

I promised that I would speak about Black in America 2 so here is my opinion. I thought it was better than the first one (although I liked the first one as well) and was well rounded. I don't think that a lot of people really know what it is like to be a minority in this country and that includes a lot of minorities themselves. I get angry when the 10% of the black population who happened to be born to well off parents see Black in America start ng ranting about how this is not what black life is in America. Folks, this is what it is like for 90% of the black population in America. Wake up!!! There are children who get up in the morning and dress themselves, cook their own breakfast, and get themselves out to school or not every single day. Sometimes they have to get a younger sibling(s) ready as well. There are children who cook dinner (if there is any food in the house at all) for themselves and their sibling(s) every single day. Children whose parents are on drugs and alcohol or just don't give a damn are taking care of themselves. Most of them want to get out of their situation but they don't have anyone to lead them and show them the way. I cried with the young lady who was able to get in college because she wanted OUT and wanted to change the course of her life. I was that girl and I felt her pain. I am going to pray for her because her journey will be hard and her road rocky and rough, but I know that she can make it as long as she lives by the motto "Failure is not an option" she will make it out.

Well I am off to take my nap so that I can possibly have a good time tonight...lol. I wish you all a beautiful Saturday.



Adrianne

xoxo

No comments: