Thursday, July 23, 2009

Living My Life My Way

It has been a long time since my last post. I will admit to slacking off, but mostly because I have been working too many hours and traveling way too much. I am hoping to have a slow and easy August, but with a work trip already on the calendar I am not so sure about it. I just returned from my sorority conference in Anchorage, Alaska and although I enjoyed myself and it was wonderful to go to a place that I had never visited before, I learned a lot about friendships and people. One would think that at the age of 38, I would have learned most of the "friend" lessons by now, but in some way I believe that I am just a glutten for punishment...LOL!

I often forget that MS is my problem and no one elses. There are times when I have to do what I have to do for me and just let folks stand there and think whatever they want to think. I know that I have to do things differently now. I hate the fact that I have to explain to people that I have to plan my activities due to fatigue. I would love to be able to do EVERYTHING that I want to do on any given day, but unfortnately even with medication I am unable to do a full day of activities and then hang out in the evening. Shoot, on a lot of days I can't even do a full day of activities. I don't talk about it to people, because I feel that I shouldn't have to explain that kind of stuff every five minutes. If I say I can't do something it should be enough period.

There is a friend of mine coming in town this weekend and I want to spend time with her, but I also want to attend my church service on Sunday as I have missed the last two sundays due to being out of town. I plan to maybe go and have a drink with her on Friday after work and I will meet up with her for an outdoor concert at 7 PM on Saturday, but I have to go home right after so that I can attend church on Sunday morning. In order to do Friday for a drink and a Saturday night outdoor show, I will sacrafice Saturday and stay in and rest most of the day. These are the effects of MS that people do not understand.

I thank God for the "friends" that I have who have taken the time to understand MS and to those who don't I bid them a farewell. It is time to live for me and stop worrying about other people. I have to take care of Adrianne and I am going to have to be selfish for a little while and focus on myself. Good luck to the rest.

Till next time folks,
AJ
xoxo

P.S.
I have a whole lot to say about Black In America, but will have to wait until tomorrow because I am truly exhausted.

No comments: